Midnight Mango Crêpe

March 28, 2011

Just because it was almost midnight and I got really really bored, I decided to try for the first time this simple crêpe recipe I got from a friend.


Prep Time: about 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1-2 minutes per crepe

Ingredients:
½ cup flour (sifted)
½ cup milk
2 whole eggs
¼ tsp sugar
1/8 tsp salt

Directions:
1. In a bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Mix well. Add the eggs and whisk (the batter will be lumpy).

2. Add the milk gradually and mix until the batter is smooth.

3. Use a ladle to pour batter onto a hot griddle/flat pan (non-stick is preferred). You can put a little oil so the crepe won’t stick.

4. Once the crêpe looks firm/dry, flip it to brown the other side.

5. Transfer to a plate and fill with fruits of your choice. In this case, I used my favorite: mangoes!

6. Dust with powdered sugar if you want, sprinkles some nuts or drizzle your preferred sauce (chocolate, caramel, vanilla, etc. Serve! :)

0 comments: